Have you experienced problems receiving our emails?
If so, it may have been mistakenly filtered out of your inbox. It may be because your IT department or your Internet service provider (ISP) is blocking the email, mistaking it for spam.
To ensure that you receive payment confirmations, messages and updates from City Auto Finance, please contact your IT department or ISP and ask them to put us on your “whitelist”, “safe” or permitted email sender list.
What is a “Whitelist” or “Safe Senders List”?
Adding our sending domain (cityautofinance.com) to your list of accepted email senders (often referred to as a “whitelist”, “safe list”, or “list of privileged senders”) will ensure that you receive your payment confirmation emails or other City Auto Finance communications.
How to add CityAutoFinance.com to your “Safe Senders” or “Whitelist”
There are a number of different spam programs on the market, and email clients or services such as MS Outlook, AOL, Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail each have specific instructions (see below) for adding senders to your whitelist. While we have included instructions for some of the more popular email clients below, About.com maintains a comprehensive set of instructions online: Make sure updates and newsletters you subscribed to make it to your Inbox.
- Select Junk E-mail | Junk E-mail Options… from the menu in Outlook.
- Go to the Safe Senders tab.
- Click Add….
- Type “cityautofinance.com”.
- Click “OK”.
- Click “OK” again.
- Login to your Hotmail or MSN Mail account.
- Click on “Options.”
- Click “Safe and blocked senders”.
- Click on “Safe sender”
- In the box provided type in “cityautofinance.com”.
- Click the “Add To List” button.
- When you see the address you entered in the Safe List box, click back to your inbox.
If you see an email from City Auto Finance in your Junk Mail folder, click “This is not Junk Mail” to avoid having City Auto Finance e-mails sent to the Junk Mail folder in the future.
- Login to your Gmail account, just like you would to check your email.
- At the top RIGHT SIDE, click the link that says SETTINGS (Gear icon).
- At the top of the screen that says SETTINGS, click the link that says FILTERS.
- On the FILTERS screen, click the link that says Create a New Filter.
- In the FROM field on the CREATE A FILTER screen, type cityautofinance.com and change NO other settings on this screen.
- Click the button that says Create filter with this search »
- Check the box that says STAR IT.
- Click the button that says CREATE FILTER.
- To create a filter that sends email from City Auto Finance straight to your Inbox:
- Login to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click on the Settings (gear icon) (on the right hand side of your screen).
- Click on “Filters” (on left hand side of screen)
- Click “Add” button.
- Assign a name for this filter: “City Auto Finance”, for example.
- Underneath the heading “if all of the following rules are true…” go to the top row labeled “FROM header.” Next to this you will see a drop down menu. Make sure to select “contains”, then simply type in “@cityauto.criticaldev.site” into the box provided.
- At the bottom, where it says “Move the message to:”, select “Inbox” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “SAVE” button at the bottom to add this filter.